Movie , Music and Video Game News, Reviews, And Lists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Sequel I'm Looking somewhat forward to

3 posters

Go down

A Sequel I'm Looking somewhat forward to Empty A Sequel I'm Looking somewhat forward to

Post by JohnBaker Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:19 pm

A couple nights ago I was watching Attack of the Show. They were interviewing Adam McKay (Talladega Nights, Anchorman, Step Brothers). Now this man is pretty much a comical genius. Talladega Nights was a great success, one of the funnier movies I've seen in a while. But my favorite Will Ferrell movie that I have seen would have to be Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy. This movie has so many quotable one liners that you can think of one in every situation. Now, McKay and his crew have decided on making a sequel. Thats right, Anchorman 2. They say they may use the idea of a how Ron Burgundy became what he is today, or base him as a Vietnam war reporter. It should be interesting to see how this turns out. I for one am really looking forward to it.

JohnBaker
Admin

Character sheet
Test:
TestA Sequel I'm Looking somewhat forward to Empty
A Sequel I'm Looking somewhat forward to Empty

https://midlandmoviesnmore.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A Sequel I'm Looking somewhat forward to Empty Re: A Sequel I'm Looking somewhat forward to

Post by outtamycrease Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:10 am

What else did you hear? Is the rest of the original cast returning too?

outtamycrease
Admin

Back to top Go down

A Sequel I'm Looking somewhat forward to Empty Re: A Sequel I'm Looking somewhat forward to

Post by Fishticuffs Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:39 am

No. No more!
Will Ferrell is going to really put himself up the river without a paddle here. He's saturating the movie scene with himself, taking the same role over and over again. After a while, people are going to stop caring. I know I already have. People are going to think that Ferrell is just some one-trick pony, where we already know from Elf and Stranger Than Fiction that this isn't the case.

But for the love of god, PLEASE, put him in a DIFERENT ROLE.

Fishticuffs

Back to top Go down

Post by outtamycrease Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:31 pm

People enjoy it, and it's most certainly going to rake in some money, so why not go with what works? We'll hopefully see what else he has to offer in due time. Yeah, it'll get old soon enough, and the box office will show that when people are ready to move on. Unfortunately, it'll be long after fans of diverse tastes tire of him. Like you said, he's already shown he isn't just one act. If everyone still wants to see him marauding around in his macho-egotist act a few years from now, let him make his living doing that, I guess. But he's not limited to just this. I'm willing to bet that one of his next two movies will have him in a different character, unless my faith in humanity and creative spirit is misplaced.

outtamycrease
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnBaker Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:43 pm

i think he's showing a semi-different character in his movie step brothers. albeit its still a comedy role but it more of a realistic story. as far as being a one trick pony, i agree with jim, hes already shown that he can play different roles. and people like to see him be egotistical, and macho as in the first anchorman and talladega nights, so when people go to the theaters thats how they expect to see him. although, it's good to see him in new roles, but i think they'll do a good job on Anchorman 2, the director is great and if they do bring back the old crew, which i hope they do, it will be just as good if not better than the first.

JohnBaker
Admin

Character sheet
Test:
TestA Sequel I'm Looking somewhat forward to Empty
A Sequel I'm Looking somewhat forward to Empty

https://midlandmoviesnmore.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down