Call of Duty 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Call of Duty 4

Post by Bret Kessinger on Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:17 pm

Seeing as how no one else has deceided to post a review I figured, why not me being a very big gamer. Sorry Jim, but you should have expected this after inviting me. I deceided to review Call of Duty 4 afetr many months of both online and offline gameplay. The storyline takes place in the middle east where the extremist Ultranationalist party is attempting to take control. The S.A.S. and Spetnaz forces decide to team up to eliminate the Ultranationalist threat.

The game starts out like many others with a test area. From there you move on and get a recomendation on what difficulty you should play on. I recomend everyone start out on recruit. If you're a true hardcore gamer veteran is for you, but get used to being killed by two or three bullets. The very first mission as soon as you hear your commander says "Rifles free" you know you've gotten yourself into something big.

The online play is no disapointment either. Biasting around twelve playable game modes and with three different perk categories, plus twenty-two perks altogether and five different weapon classes.
<LI>Assault Rifles
<LI>Sub Machine Guns
<LI>Light Machine Guns
<LI>Shotguns
Sniper Rifles

Each of the twenty-two weapons are individualy customizable from scopes and sights to grips and silencers.
That doesn't even cover the other features.
<LI>Pistols
<LI>Equipment
<LI>Explosives
<LI>Golden Guns
Shared Ammo

Some downfalls of this game are the knives (your melee weapon) hit detection. sometimes it's just downright unbelievable, you'll hit the enemy dead on, only to wind up dead, and possibly yelling at your Xbox 360. The explosive physics aren't to terrible but they could use an update. often times you will come upon a claymored doorway, see it, and then have it detonate and kill you even though you didn't even move or kill you through a wall.

As long as you have a good group of friends to play with online or just alone this game is worth the sixty dollars.</LI>

Bret Kessinger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Call of Duty 4

Post by JohnBaker on Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:00 pm

nice review bret. wish i had a 360 to play on. i've goofed around on it on a ps3, its a fun game, but as you know im horrible at first person games. i'll get better in college though lol.

JohnBaker
Admin

Character sheet
Test:
Test

View user profile http://midlandmoviesnmore.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GodMode on Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:42 pm

Don't forget to mention the guys who exploit Shooting through walls by adding bullet penetration and damage to the LMG to make it amazingly powerful.

GodMode

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/killertwig41

Back to top Go down

Post by Schitso on Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:51 pm

No mention of the imbalance of vital game mechanics (such as guns)?

Schitso

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GrimmEffect on Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:37 pm

As well as the M16 whores, I swear to God I've never seen so many people hog a single type of gun that much. And the people online that like to climb up inside all the glitch spots on every single match that they will ever play.

GrimmEffect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bret Kessinger on Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:38 pm

it was just a basic review for anyone looking to buy

Bret Kessinger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content